View Single Post
Old 10-23-18, 03:31 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,751 Times in 14,141 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
How to de-stress / relax in the moment?

I get super stressed and frustrated a million times in a day mostly about stupid little things that go wrong, like being late or too much traffic. I can actually feel my blood pressure rising and adrenaline soaking my system. Well, I don't know what exactly it is I'm feeling but my point is that it's a very physical reaction and it's very strong. This can't be good for me.

A lot of these stressors I can't avoid so I need a way to relax in that very moment when I can feel that my blood is starting to boil. Trying to reason with myself or telling myself it's no big deal doesn't work. I've tried breathing exercises but they don't really seem to help for some reason. Is there anything else I could try?

The only constraint is that it has to be something that I am able to do alongside something else (eg while.im driving) so things like "taking a bath" won't work.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (10-23-18), mildadhd (10-24-18), namazu (10-23-18)