View Single Post
Old 10-24-18, 03:45 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,751 Times in 14,141 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to de-stress / relax in the moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
Play music and/or sing.

Anti-anxiety meds worked wonders for my mom as I mentioned before though she eventually gave them up cause she herself had side effects.

I expected my blood pressure to go down after I retired due to the incredible drop in stress. It did go down but not as much as I thought it would. I just switched to a new doctor and she's running a ton of tests on me cause she doesn't understand why my blood pressure is so severe that I need tons of medication still. I suspect it's cause I endured too much stress for too long and it's caused permanent damage.

Anxiety shouldn't be taken lightly imo. It can destroy your body long term. I think anti-anxiety meds are worth the risk if without them, you're going to destroy yourself and take years off your life. Sorry, I imagine I sound like a salesman but I feel strongly about this.
I don't think it's anxiety as such. I mean I do have anxiety (though not so much right now that I'm off work..long story..I'll update soon sorry ) I still have a bit of low level underlying anxiety at specific points in the day but right now my main problem (or rather the focus of This thread) are these relatively short lived highly intense bursts of annoyance and frustration.

I guess though maybe if I took an SSRI it might help with the short bursts as well. I did wonders for anxiety when I used to take them.

The last time round when I used to take stimulants that too helped massively with these short stress bursts. I'm not sure it does now because sometimes too irregular in taking the meds.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-24-18), namazu (10-24-18)