View Single Post
Old 10-29-18, 10:44 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,315 Times in 7,808 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Having to wake up and commute before the sun comes up is miserable....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipwreckSiren View Post
I am SO sleepy. I have to wake up at 5am to get to work by 7am. Now that it's winter, it's pitch black all the way up to me getting into work. I can get up and moving decently but about halfway through my train ride at 6:30 I get miserably sleepy and it lingers until about 8am-9am at work. They say that waking up and seeing sunlight helps our bodies wake up and regulates our circadian rhythms. I just feel so miserable and like I'm working in an underground bunker now that it's winter
I’ve always had issues with waking up. It would take me hours or most of the day sometimes to feel awake enough not to feel miserably sleepy.

I’m not sure if you take stimulants for ADHD or not but I’m on Adderall. One morning I took my medication and was planning on getting up. I felt so sleepy, I thought, I would just close my eyes and wait for the medication to kick in. I fell so soundly asleep and woke up an hour later feeling like a new person.

I discussed this with my Dr. and she suggested, I set an alarm an hour or so before I needed to be up and take my medication. I’ve never had any problem going back to sleep in the early morning so, taking my med. wasn’t a problem.

Now, I set my pill alarm everyday an hour before I need to be up for work. I take my med. and fall right back to sleep. The results have been amazing and I feel like a “morning” person now when I get up. It’s been a game changer for me.

If you’re on meds. you may want to discuss dosing this way with your Dr.

Well wishes

Last edited by Greyhound1; 10-30-18 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: Typo
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Alphawave (10-30-18), lisariver (10-30-18), Little Missy (10-30-18), mildadhd (10-30-18), namazu (10-30-18)