View Single Post
Old 11-06-18, 01:28 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,107 Times in 15,356 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do i seek/crave more meds when i'm upset or stressed!

In some cases, stimulants are used as off label antidepressants in people with treatment resistant depression. I believe they definitely have an effect on mood. I am not saying you are an addict but I am comfortable saying that when you have emotional stuff going on, you are addicted to mood-altering- in some way or another. In this case its taking more of your meds then you are supposed to. I can identify big time as an alcoholic in recovery because thats why I drank. To feel happy or combat sadness I drank. Everything was a reason to drink. I used to take xanax and that was a slippery slope as well because I was self dosing based on anxiety and panic attacks and there is the mindset "if one is good then 2 is better". I do not know how to tell you not to do anything like this. Its your meds and assuming you need them for a legit medical purpose you can either have someone lock them up and dispense them to you, try your own way or keep this up and go through however many days of hell without medication. The other thing is to seriously look at yourself and decide if you have an addiction to it in which case an outpatient rehab could help with therapy.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
CharlesH (11-06-18), daveddd (11-08-18), littlesmg88 (11-17-18)