View Single Post
Old 11-07-18, 05:56 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,948 Times in 707 Posts
Jacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond repute
Wednesday Growth Day

Every Wednesday I am free from work (having decided to work less and having dropped all my side projects) and a few days ago I decided that I will not only rest on this day, but that this will be my 'Growth Day'. I am not happy with how a lot of my past went and with the trajectory I was on, and I am changing that now. It's a tough process, but I take it on voluntarily and I am ready to do the hard work that is necessary to change.

I was overworked for a while, though the core of the issue was that I did not see any meaning in my life anymore (because what held me together - doing way too many things and trying to be successful (while not taking good care of myself and not being honest to myself and, in effect, others), collapsed and I do not wish to return to that) and that drained my energy, but I am getting more energy right now as I am regaining my focus, so I do not need a whole day of rest. I do want to enjoy life, and so I will do some fun things today as well (that is one of the things that I learned), but I also want to keep investing in a good future.

So, these are the things on my list today:

Organization: sorting some things in my house
Intellectual: doing some coursework on my psychology course
Mental: reading 'growth mindset' (possibly finishing the book)
Financial: handing in my bills at work
Physical: ice skating
Mental: going to my therapist, talking about things in my past

What are your plans?