View Single Post
Old 11-08-18, 03:54 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,277 Times in 964 Posts
mildadhd has disabled reputation
Re: Why do i seek/crave more meds when i'm upset or stressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesmg88 View Post
I've been on stimulants for ADD for 13 years. I was on adderall and currently on vyvanse.
I started taking my script more than prescribed 7 years ago because they wore off too soon.
now its just a mess of a probelm but one thing I realized is whenever I feel or experience a negative emotion like getting upset/overwhelmed/fight with parents or boyfriend I seek/crave/ take more of my meds even though it doesn't do anything??
I find that I even take more when I'm say bored at work which doesn't make sense because if theres nothing to do/focus on then I'm wasting it!
please some one help me get some sanity back while I try to deal with how to control my usage of my medication and find a therapist!
I was thinking more about your situation.

And I wondered if your anxiety could also be making things worse, and also counteracting the temporary benefits of the medication?

In fact, now that I think about it, this has happened to me numerous times, over the years, when my anxiety worsens.

For me, even when I take medication as prescribed, if I experience distressful situations, my focus can appear to regress, due to distresses, like anxiety.

M