View Single Post
Old 06-12-18, 02:45 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,261 Times in 7,597 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2 days dex. And feel crappy - advice/thoughts?

My advice is to just stick with it! Just as your doctor suggests you do it.

These meds have to be given in low doses when you first start them...and then slowly increased a little bit at a time till you find a dose that starts to really help.
It's call titrating.

And it can absolutely be a frustrating process. It's like you hear all these great stories and read all these posts online of how amazing these meds are and how they've really changed people's lives.

Then you start taking them...and they're not doing any of that! In fact...they very well may be leaving you worse off then before!
Like what the heck? Why does it work for everyone else but not me?

It took me about 3 months of slow increases before I found a dose that helped. Before that I was getting very few positives from the meds (adderall in my case)...but quite a bit of the (common) negative side effects. I'd come down from them and start feeling grumpy and lethargic and withdrawn. It sucked!

But then it just happened. After a few months she bumped my dose up yet again slightly...and dang! Day and night! I found the dose that helped and it was awesome!
It was worth all those days of frustration to get to that dose, and I'm super glad I never gave up on it.

So sorry for the long post...but I HIGHLY suggest to just stick with it! When that right dose comes, I'm sure you'll be super glad to have stuck it out!

(((Hugs)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
EdithF86 (09-24-18)