View Single Post
Old 09-19-18, 06:08 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,278 Times in 13,952 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I just asked for a second chance to start dating with a girl

I'm always impressed by your ability to constantly work on yourself. Maybe you make mistakes, but then you reassess, figure out where there's scope for improvement and then you try your damnedest to improve.

It reminds me a bit of hubby. He's probably the only person I know that is truly capable of change and he's changed so much (for the better). I think he uses a similar process. He is constantly reassessing, constantly evaluating himself (which of course also causes stress and unhappiness for him as well, I imagine) and once he's found something (or someone else like me has pointed it out.) That needs to be improved he improves it.

So that's great. It's one of the things I love about him but it also comes at a cost. All that introspection ajd trying to improve ultimately makes him a better person I believe but it's also hard work.

I hope it works out with this girl but even if it doesn't it seems like you've gained lots of positives from it in terms of personal growth.

I don't think the age gap is huge. I your thirties there isn't a great difference anymore in terms of development or maturity and I think someone with a bit more of experience and who is a bit more secure
in who hey are might quite well for us adhders.

The only thing might be wanting different things in terms of children and maybe that is something you need to discuss fairly soon.

Honestly, I'd be a bit worried about dating a psychiatrist though it could work well too. As long as you are both comfortable and clear about where your boundaries and imits are. It might actually help if her knowledge means she understand you a bit better.

Anyway, how exciting. Keep us updated!!