View Single Post
Old 06-07-17, 01:38 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,238 Times in 934 Posts
mildadhd has disabled reputation
Re: Understanding Counterwill: "Oppositionality cannot arise on its own"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdnvwls View Post
I don't think there's any need for a picking-on-Maté thread. I'm not looking to derail this thread at all either. It was a single comment based on reading two of his books and attending one of his lectures, and I don't think it needs to be pursued beyond that.
Oh well, it's your choice, I just wish I could figure out what parts you were disagreeing with in your first post, because you didn't quote Dr.Mate and I have no idea where your disagreement is originating from?

Well at least I know you agree with keeping the attachment relationship first and foremost, because that is what this information in this section is mostly about understanding.

Actually this section of the book "Scattered", pretty much sums up most of what Dr.Mate discusses through out a few of his books, that is promoting a healthy attachment relationship between parenting figure and their child is essential for healthy development.

I have have been given a real hard time over the years for promoting the benefits of a healthy attachment between parenting figures and their children, it is really nice not have that kind of opposition in this thread. (and hopefully future thread discussions go as well)

All the best.

m

Last edited by mildadhd; 06-07-17 at 02:07 AM..