View Single Post
Old 11-14-17, 04:53 PM

PoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud of
Re: How do I know if my issues are ADHD or psychological related?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSurf37 View Post
I've been taking Vyvanse 70mg and amph salts (generic Adderall) 20 mg. It does help. It prevents hyper focus and also procrastination.
I'm interested that you say that your Vyvanse prevents hyperfocus. I've been on Vyvanse for about 3 months now, and in my case, I've found that I can sustain my focus much better on many things that I couldn't before. But my tendency to hyperfocus on something that interests me (usually something on the Internet) so that I end up spending a lot more time on it than I realized or than I should have does not seem to have diminished at all. As a result, I'm still having a bit of a hard time organizing my time and sticking to a schedule. And when I'm hyperfocused, I still turn off alarms I've set for myself on my phone or my desktop to remind me of something that I need to do without really realizing it.

I've also found that it's easier for me to finish things that I might not find enjoyable once I've started them and it's probably a little bit easier to start those kinds of tasks. But I still find it difficult sometimes to get started and can still procrastinate plenty if it involves something I don't really like doing.

I'd like to hear from others whether they have found that their meds prevent hyperfocus and procrastination.
Bart Simpson (to the tune of “I'm Popeye the Sailor Man”): “When I can’t stop my fiddlin’, I just takes me Ritalin, I’m poppin’ and sailin’, man!” (“Brother’s Little Helper,” Season 11, episode 2, aired 10/3/99)

Last edited by PoppnNSailinMan; 11-14-17 at 05:07 PM..