View Single Post
Old 07-22-18, 04:13 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,575 Times in 870 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do you stop caring about what others think of you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
You won't. Because the issue isn't external, it's internal. You'll never find a group of people who don't make you feel that way, if you continue to convince yourself that they don't like you.

As long as you maintain the same state of mind, it's not going to matter where you work, or what groups your associated with. You need to change your mindset, not your job.

Yes and no. The career I have now is new for me and has been difficult since day 1. Getting the 2nd degree was difficult, working in the field is difficult- everything about it is. I am trying to fit a square peg into a round hole essentially. I was not/am not cut out for this line of work and I'm now accepting that and moving on.

In my last career and related jobs, I did well, very well in some of them. I felt confident and energized. People asked for my ideas and opinions. It made the difficulties of the second one that much harder. Yes, there were some bumps that I look back now see were ADHD- related for the most part but it is nothing like what I've experienced in the my current career. I wasn't diagnosed until I was into the schooling for the second career at 40 years old.

I am trying to get a job that is sort of a mix of both. They do exist and I've applied to one already but haven't' heard anything yet.
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

The Following User Says Thank You to finallyfound10 For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (07-22-18)