View Single Post
Old 06-05-18, 02:54 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,333 Times in 675 Posts
Drogheda has a brilliant futureDrogheda has a brilliant futureDrogheda has a brilliant futureDrogheda has a brilliant futureDrogheda has a brilliant futureDrogheda has a brilliant futureDrogheda has a brilliant futureDrogheda has a brilliant futureDrogheda has a brilliant futureDrogheda has a brilliant futureDrogheda has a brilliant future
doing well in something boring has, I think, made me boring.

temporarily, I've been doing this 5 week accounting course, and I really have about 10 hours logged but half the course taken(90%). this next week I'm hoping to complete everything but the final.

I often describe accounting, the class, as boring, dry as dirt etc (sorry for any accountants out there). I'm starting to think about the creative side of accounting, something my therapist and I have talked about, one of those is sort of the flip side of what we(well, myself) does.

Like in accounting there is journals and T accounts, ya reading about all this stuff makes it clearer why I should use a journal at the end of the day (even from the class).

the T account is sort of like the flip side of any coin. so like, for me, doing something (or too much of something I feel is boring) tends to make me boring. I must admit, I don't know if this stress from this weekend is really helping.

I guess on one hand I'm trying to rev myself up to just get this accounting class done as fast as I can(squeezing all the motivation I can get), if I don't want to be boring, get all the boring stuff done as fast as I can and out of the way. on the other hand, I'm starting to conceptualize the creative aspects of what I have learned from accounting.

anyone else experience stuff like this? like, the more board you are at doing something the more boring you actually become. not just on the boaring front, but everything.