View Single Post
Old 06-07-18, 12:48 AM

PoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud of
Re: doing well in something boring has, I think, made me boring.

I took accounting in high school and got through the coarse, so I must have found something that was a little bit interesting in it. But when I thought about maybe going to business school and having to take more accounting courses, I knew that I couldn't do it. There wasn't enough in accounting to keep me interested that long.

And I loved mathematics and geometry, especially differential equations and analytic geometry. I learned how, for example, to derive the formula that is used to calculate the volume of a sphere. I seriously thought about being a math major.

In general, I love things that involve some sort of puzzle that needs to be solved. And I can be pretty dogged and become hyperfocused when I'm trying to crack a puzzle or figure out a mystery. But once the puzzle is solved, then it becomes less interesting to me and can become boring. That's why writing up reports or papers are boring to me, because I've already solved the puzzle and am usually not very enthusiastic about going through it all again and putting it down on paper.
Bart Simpson (to the tune of “I'm Popeye the Sailor Man”): “When I can’t stop my fiddlin’, I just takes me Ritalin, I’m poppin’ and sailin’, man!” (“Brother’s Little Helper,” Season 11, episode 2, aired 10/3/99)
The Following User Says Thank You to PoppnNSailinMan For This Useful Post:
namazu (06-07-18)