View Single Post
Old 01-30-19, 08:59 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,218 Posts
ToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Feel i'm not creative as others of my level of intelligence

Part of creativity is going outside the box ... while focusing on an end product and ... going outside the box ... but not too far ... creativity involves juggling chaos and new thinking with old thinking ....

Plus there is a concrete element to a lot of creativity ... it's not just coming up with wild ideas ... Creativity can also be improving a certain item, procedure, machine ... process and so on ... but if you're having trouble grasping the original structure, it can be hard to then be creative ...

Also some ADHD folks have to spend so much energy just following day-to-day stuff that they don't have energy to improvise and throw out new ideas.

And no, I don't think ADHD are more creative ... I think "creative" is often a misplaced term ... Creativity for most people is highly structured ... songwriters write songs because they have a deadline ... engineers figure out how to make daily/disposable/multifocal contacts by experimenting ... and building on previous inventions ... Writers and filmmakers have deadlines ... and schedules to follow ... musicians meet in the studio on X date and Y week to come up with songs ...
The Following User Says Thank You to ToneTone For This Useful Post:
Andi (01-31-19)