View Single Post
Old 09-02-09, 08:18 PM

ysabeau is a jewel in the roughysabeau is a jewel in the roughysabeau is a jewel in the rough
Re: One last try to explain myself, and get help. mind racing/medications/etc.

This is something I haven't had to deal with in a long time, it's horrible and I really sympathize.

In my own case it was related to anxiety. I ended up doing a short course in meditation and relaxation exercises, which in essence is about controlling breath, being aware of breath and thought and then eventually taking control of the chaotic flow. In identifying the triggers, you eventually come to be able to avoid and control them.
It was extremely helpful in my own case, and can be done in bed every night before sleep. There are many many books and audiotapes available, and can be found in most bookstores.

The comments you made about Xanax/tranquilizers hold true, it's not viable or desirable to use them daily.
I would only say that in the interim period when it feels really out of control and you are exhausted, it can be an aid for getting yourself into a less fraught headspace, regrouping, then making a fresh,rested attempt at mastering the problem at hand.