View Single Post
Old 09-02-09, 09:14 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,022 Times in 2,426 Posts
livinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: One last try to explain myself, and get help. mind racing/medications/etc.

counseling could help - especially if you can find a therapist who can teach you how to meditate or body scan.
This is what I'm currently learning how to do so I can get to sleep.

i don't know about you, but often my brain chatters due to anxiety.
I'm learning how to deal with my anxiety through meditation and body scans and also to let it all out in my sessions.

Another thing that was recommended to me is journaling your thoughts.
(I was told) Often, if you can write it down your brain will calm down because you just get it out.
I have had some luck with this, but I'm not good at journaling on a routine basis.
So many people think journaling means "dear diary" but it can be rubbish.
I just write down what my brain chatter is saying, it doesn't always make sense.

It doesn't seem to me like you're just seeking meds. I think meds can help (I take some myself - I'm not anti-med by any means), but they don't always help.
I'm a big advocate of learning skills to help you out.
We can't always depend on meds.

Leonard: “You’re using chocolates as positive reinforcement for what you consider good behavior!”
Sheldon: “Very good! Chocolate?”
-The Big Bang Theory (sitcom on CBS)
The Following User Says Thank You to livinginchaos For This Useful Post:
meadd823 (09-03-09)