View Single Post
Old 09-03-09, 02:06 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,418 Times in 6,123 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: One last try to explain myself, and get help. mind racing/medications/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMiller View Post
I can't stress enough that stimulants are pretty much the worst thing you can put someone on who is having problems with racing thoughts or other manic-type symptoms.
Well I tend to believe that stimulants are not nearly as bad for manic type symptoms as the damn antidepressants - Antidepressants actually CAUSE mania for me - which would not be so bad if I was at lest a half a** pleasant manic but nooo.

I am gathering that the racing thoughts have been a life time issue for the OP?? If not then it may be a medication issue. If racing thoughts are some thing that has been a problem the OP's entire life then we are talking ADD.

Some thing I learned during a medication induced mania - that there is a difference between manic racing thoughts, anxiety produced racing thought and ADD racing thoughts. . I have found in my case that racing thought induced by mania "slammed" into my head - they were intrusive some time to the point of painful -

The anxiety produced racing was more along the lines of worry - constantly scanning scanning scanning looking for that disaster lurking behind every corner - worrying things like who will feed my cats if I died.

ADD racing thoughts sort of "slip" in there - I will be concentrating on "A" and next thing I know my mind has wandered off completely leaving the alphabet without me even knowing it was happening.

With ADD racing thoughts I am unaware of the passage of time, anxiety seems to slow time down at night speed it up during the day and mania I am aware of time to the point of annoyance

This has been my personal experience which may or may not be useful to the OP. I have been thrown into mania by medications and I have anxiety {thank you perimenopause} along with ADD . . . . . Gary doesn't have anxiety or mania, he doesn't take medications yet he has a brain that chatters at night keeping him from being able to go to sleep - so it can be caused by ADD.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to meadd823 For This Useful Post:
odsybmx734 (09-03-09)