View Single Post
Old 12-24-17, 03:52 PM
Jr Member

Roxx1980 has disabled reputation
Re: Anyone here with ADHD and bipolar?

I have seen many of you mention that you are prescribed an SSRI with a mood stabilizer, and also mentions of the possibility that mood stabilizers may not work without an SSRI. I wonder if anyone has had experience with PDOC not being willing to prescribe an SSRI at all?
I was diagnosed with ADHD at about 6yrs old and recently diagnosed with BPII at 36 yrs old. I have been off and on various SSRI/SSNRI meds since 18yrs old after diagnosis of PTSD with Major Depression. I really didn't agree with BP diagnosis that was made after having adverse side effects to Cymbalta(made me grouchy and irritable and new PDOC, who diagnosed BP indicated that this was 'because meds were causing hypomania'). At the time I started seeing this new PDOC my meds were the Cymbalta, Klonopin PRN, and Adderall XR. She immediately d/c the Cymbalta and Gabapentin, Lamictal, and Seroquel, and Propranolol were added. I have been patiently working with her for over 2 years now, and have been in the deepest and most debilitating depression of my life. She still refuses to consider adding SSRI or even considering it in the future. I have been getting more and more frustrated, and after reading many posts here from others I am beyond. Is this a familiar scenario or does anyone have any insight they wouldn't mind sharing?