View Single Post
Old 04-11-12, 11:52 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,260 Times in 2,929 Posts
Drewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Powerful visual-spatial thinking - ADD or Autism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTang View Post
I do think that ADHD lends to some of our creativity, though I'm not talking about being artistic or musically inclined. Just out-of-box thinking.
I think that ADHD contributes to creativity in two ways. The first, is better described as quick thinking than creativity though. I think that we have been conditioned to be improvisational and spontaneous.

As a more direct example of a creative tendency, I like to think of my thinking as quantum-thinking vs NT linear-thinking. The short circuits allow us to make connections that others would never arrive at, which can be handy for a new approach to music or a scientific break through. I don't consider this a positive though, as I'm sure 99.9% of us will probably never have the opportunity to make such a breakthrough which also requires being at the right time and place (and completing what might in some cases be a prerequisite education).