View Single Post
Old 11-13-09, 04:01 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,929 Times in 7,991 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dos and Don't with an AD/HDer

When I'm hyperfocusing and I don't hear you speaking to me;

- using shock tactics like coming up and shouting "HEY" loudly is only ok if the house is on fire or some other dire emergency. If you'd like a taste of this experience I can get a safety horn and awaken you from a sound sleep. Hyperfocus means I'm relaxed and happy how about a nice rub on my arm?

- being angry because I didn't hear you is useless and only serves to make you feel better while I eat another guilt sandwich. Why do I like you again?

- complaining often and long sufferingly about how you have to put up with me not paying attention to you merely because I wasn't able to hear you leaves me helpless and without remedy, accept that if I could attend like you I would.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (11-14-09), AliKatski (11-21-09), atrain (11-15-09), lilliangish (04-28-10), mooseamerica (06-19-11), SaFyre (10-30-11), Tango3 (07-31-12), till (06-07-10), Werl (08-21-10)