View Single Post
Old 08-06-08, 03:39 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Batman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to behold
Re: What's ASPD like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickle View Post
Just a quick question here? Are you thinking of Avoidant Personality Disorder??
No, I was just bringing up the idea of social anxiety/avoidance here because I noticed in the writings of some ASPD members here, there is a tendency to avoid people, and I wondered if it had anything to do with anxiety but as you point out, it's not really an anxiety issue for this PD.

I know all about Avoidant PD, as I fit the criteria pretty well for that one myself.

So the greater question for me on the interplay between Narcissistic PD and Antisocial PD. I've read somewhere that NPDs can be bullies at school, can manipulate or lie to people without feeling remorse, etc etc. There is also a lack of empathy for NPD.

I guess one of the key differences is that Antisocial PDs aren't so much worried about their reputation and therefore are much more likely to engage in disruptive behavior.
Sponsored Links