View Single Post
Old 09-17-17, 06:35 PM

notoutthewoods is on a distinguished road
Looking for friends in NYC with Adderall misuse experiences

Hello,

I'm a 30-year-old gay male that moved to NYC this past summer. I'm recovering from Adderall misuse issues and looking to connect with IRL friends also in the NYC area who have issues with recovering from Adderall misuse.

In my case, I do have ADD and the Adderall was always prescribed. For a few years I took Adderall responsibly and it was effective at a consistent low dose. Then the dose was increased after switching doctors, other things in my life distracted me, and I began to overuse and misuse the medication.

I was able to fully get off the medication this year, and I know my brain and body still need time to heal from the tolerance and other issues the overuse/misuse caused, but I also still have significant ADD issues.

I'm just looking for IRL friends who might have experience with similar issues in the NYC area. I'm open to remote friends too! But it would be great to have people to connect with in person too.

Lastly, I'll mention I am currently taking a training class as a nursing assistant and hoping that this is a good new direction for me, since it's a very hands on, interactive profession that won't require too much reading like a desk job (so I won't have to rely on Adderall to do it) yet something that I will still find rewarding and challenging but well-suited for.

Good luck to all and please don't hesitate to drop me a message with any ideas or leads...I'm proud of myself for how far I've come in the past year, but know better than to relax and get complacent... I'd really love to connect with people to build a nice mutual support network!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to notoutthewoods For This Useful Post:
Batman55 (09-18-17), Fuzzy12 (09-17-17), peripatetic (09-17-17), Roxx1980 (08-15-18)