View Single Post
Old 05-30-08, 02:37 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,559 Times in 770 Posts
Grafter has a brilliant futureGrafter has a brilliant futureGrafter has a brilliant futureGrafter has a brilliant futureGrafter has a brilliant futureGrafter has a brilliant futureGrafter has a brilliant futureGrafter has a brilliant futureGrafter has a brilliant futureGrafter has a brilliant futureGrafter has a brilliant future
Re: Urine drug test in 4 days... will I pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeon View Post
So you would rather him go out and buy unregulated methampthetamine which has no real consistency in dose or purity and is manufactured using god knows what. Personally I would rather have him pop a little adderall then to go fully destroying his body with street meth.
How do I say this without sounding like a hard-***? In a word: Yes. He can go out and get his drugs out on the street like the rest of the real addicts. Just like I did for 20 years before I finally hit my bottom... and then cleaned up and found out I was ADHD.

Whether he has an 8-ball or a bottle of pills, he's in possession of a controlled substance and will face the same consequences if caught. Whether he is taking Adderral or crank, he has not been cleared by a physician to take them.

The only reason why these stimulant drugs are regulated and prescribed is because there is a legitimate need for them by certain individuals with chemical imbalances. Unfortunately, there are many people that don't believe we have a real need for these medications, and a lot of it has to do with these individuals, like Dave, that abuse them.

People like our friend Dave here make it that much harder for those of us that need these drugs to get them. At the same time his actions reinforce the negative perception many hold against ADHD and it management.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Grafter For This Useful Post:
badbrains (06-02-08), dyingInside (05-30-08), Lynx777 (05-31-08), meadd823 (05-30-08), Sandy4957 (06-04-08), sloppitty-sue (05-30-08)