View Single Post
Old 08-20-11, 06:27 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,183 Times in 2,917 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australians PLEASE READ!!! PERHAPS LACK OF ability to discuss SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
I feel the need to clarify this post.

This is from my limited reasearch on the internet and is only my POV.

There appears to be a former educator who has somehow hijacked the ADHD/ADD debate in WA and now Australia. He appears to have silenced much of the debate here in Australia and appears to attack/misquote and or victimise proffessionals who disagree with him .

I actually agree with some of his ideas, but also believe in free and open debate.

Are other people aware of this person and if so what do we do to bring attention to his Megalomaniain his approach to ADHD in Australia.

Yes- he is quite a problem. This does not quite fit in to the scientific debate forum, but there is a good deal of work being done to counter Mr Martin Whitely, and his none to well hidden links to the Scientologists..
These links are widely commented upon in many circles- and it is no secret that he has had trips to the USA partially by the Scientologists. I believe that questions have been asked about it in parliament.

What astounds me is that the gloves have not come off yet. There is no doubt that Whitely's statements fly in the face of the scientific evidence on ADHD. ( You might think this is a bit rich coming from me- but my quarrel is not with the scientific evidence but with the flaws in the way it is assembled into an overarching theory of ADHD).

There are plenty of committed people working in all the Australian support groups to deal with the unfortunate combination of propaganda, concealed interests, and a demagogic press that prefers to create bogus disputes with a view to selling newspapers.

I suggest you contact the WA support group LADSWA (Learning and Attentional Disorders W.A. http://ladswa.com.au/ ). and ask what you can do to help. We are preparing a substantial letter drop campaign to the relevant politicians, and I will be working on my copies of these letters tomorrow.

We all have the capacity to influence this debate- what we need to do is look out for every article in the popular press and respond publicly. This used to be a problem as we relied on getting letters to the editor published. What we do now is get onto the comments sections on the newspaper and TV websites every time an opportunity comes up.

BTW- discussing the actions of one rogue dingbat who happens to be a politician is not the same as engaging in political debate, and Scientology's status as a religion is highly controversial- plenty of people see it as a pyramid scheme that masquerades as a religion - so it is fair game too.

Whenever you see a crowd all rushing in the same direction on any one issue, run in the opposite direction.

There is neither fun nor profit to be had in polishing the brass knobs on a bandwagon.
Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kunga Dorji For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (08-20-11), Dizfriz (08-24-11), LynneC (08-22-11)
Sponsored Links