View Single Post
Old 01-12-17, 03:59 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,913 Times in 7,988 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Times when ADHD didn't effect you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
I thought it would be interesting to see how many of you have experienced situations (pre-diagnosis or non medicated) where you felt that your symptoms never really affected you too much.

I must admit, I go through periods where I convince myself that I don't have ADHD. I do this by considering situations where i've actually managed to somehow cope, despite the difficulties.

College for example. I'm managed to get through the first semmester (almost), i've completed and passed every assessment with the exception of one, which i'm absolutely dreading, as it actually requires a lot of reading and research and is closed book, meaning I need to process a lot of information and memorize a lot of things (it feels like a lot anyway), which i'm hopeless at.
Cue cards, yes it's a pain in the ***, but for memorizing essential. I used to have hundreds they work like a charm.

Quote:
But anyway, there are times when I look back over situations and think to myself "if I had ADHD, I wouldn't have managed to do this, or do that".

Is it normal to feel that way sometimes? Or does ADHD affect you non stop, all of the time, in every situation?

I have an appointment next week to request an assessment, but don't want to second guess myself at the last moment as I have done before.
I think it's very easy to think adhd isn't affecting us, mostly because all of the symptoms happen to everyone but to us much much more often.
The Following User Says Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (01-12-17)