View Single Post
Old 01-17-17, 11:54 AM
Committee Member

Bethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant future
Re: Times when ADHD didn't effect you?

ADHD probably always affected me, but I guess I had remarkable denial abilities.

Throughout childhood, I thought it was "cool" to have, perhaps because of the way it was presented to me. As a teenager, I flat out thought it had no affect on me, and if it did, it was only "good." Like I said: denial. In retrospect, ironically, it had the most affect on me when I thought it had the least. (But maybe that's not "ironic" after all; that's kinda exactly how denial works.)

It wasn't until my late 20s that I began to realize the negative impact it's had on my life, notably driving an automobile, in employment, and even social situations. I became a little bit resentful and bitter for a little while.

At this point, I'm pretty "neutral" about the whole thing. I certainly don't like the downsides of ADHD, and I'm not quite sure if there are any positives. (Maybe, maybe not. But it's not relevant to me anymore. I still have good qualities.) Oddly, now that I regard it neutrally, it's made it easier to deal with not only ADHD, but with life in general.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bethylphenidate For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (01-17-17)