View Single Post
Old 01-17-17, 05:16 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 8,346 Times in 3,313 Posts
salleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Times when ADHD didn't effect you?

the short answer ? .......nope .....early school life, I heard "she's not working up to her full potential" every year all the way through high school .....(I test very high.....but the grind of getting good grades ....erm not so much ....)

self-medicated starting in freshman year in college, and oh my goodness ! ...grades went up ....focused in art classes, and actually accomplished things .....

self medicated for decades, couldn't figure out how normal people did it .....still can't figure it out .....have been legally and under the care of p docs for a couple of decades now .....and I've had the ups and downs of oh say, an extreme roller coaster....but lots of that was out of my control.....and life situations freaked me out so much that I made some very bad decisions ....

....but with people who believe in me, and that I had it in me to live up to my potential, medicated....and several years hard work.....I am actually getting somewhere .....

Only took me until I was 65 ....heh....

for many years starting early in grade school......I accepted that I was different ....but I thought it was cool ...I'm an artist, and artists are different ....I took pride in that ....I liked being different .....I didn't have the focus I needed, mind you....until college...then it was the self medication ....

but at the end of the day ....trying to make it as an artist with fairly severe ADHD .....is a tough road to go down ......interesting ? ...yup ....but easy ? or clear ? or normal ....nope nope nope .....

....This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic lane"
Terry Pratchett

....If you're going through hell, ......keep going.....