View Single Post
Old 01-29-08, 12:11 PM
Contributor

adhdogwalker is just really niceadhdogwalker is just really niceadhdogwalker is just really niceadhdogwalker is just really nice
Re: Face to Face: Adderall and Cortisol?

I really don't know too much about adderall and cortisol, but here's something to consider. I was a vegetarian for years and, despite constant exercise could never really build enough muscle mass-- I was skinny but never as toned as I wanted to be despite lots of running and weightlifting. When a vegetarian, I did make every effort to consume enough protein. I'm sure my diet was heavy on the carb side since I didn't eat any meat and I think this was a lot of the problem. Anyhow, about a year ago, I found out I had Celiac's disease and have to be on a special diet for it. I can no longer consume anything with gluten (no wheat, oats, barley or rye). Naturally, most carb food types are eliminated from this diet. I eat a very high protein diet-- meat, fish, nuts, cheese, fruits, vegetables. I can eat rice and potatoes but don't eat a lot of them. I now have more energy than ever and build and maintain muscle very easily. Furthermore, now that I rarely consume carbohydrate-laden foods, I really notice that they make me feel like crap if I eat too many. You might just want to try changing your diet and eliminating most grain products and see if this makes a difference. It sure did for me. And another aside, I've always been slender but am now more slender as a result of my dietary change. My mom has to follow the same diet and she lost 30 lbs. without trying and without worrying about what she ate.
The Following User Says Thank You to adhdogwalker For This Useful Post:
fredonian (05-18-15)