View Single Post
Old 07-04-14, 05:16 PM
ADDvanced Member

heylookacastle! is on a distinguished road
Re: Adderall XR, Birth Control, Hormone Fluctuations... Journal Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline View Post
Thanks for posting this log- I hope you get it all sorted out soon!

For BC, I recently got a Mirena placed. It has low levels of hormone placed in the uterus, where it is active, with very little of the hormone circulating (according to the propaganda). Anyhow, it is supposed to be a viable BC for 5 years. I don't think it has caused any change in my ADD symptoms, but I'm not officially diagnosed and totally unmedicated. If you have any questions about Mirena placement, just PM me.

Hope you have a great weekend!
T-line
My old gyno recommended an IUD as an option after I had given birth to my daughter. I barely remember the convo, but she did show it to me and I remember thinking it looked WAY too uncomfortable for me to ever want to try. lol She was terrible at trying to ease my concerns since she went on and on about the possibility of painful side effects. Plus it looked awfully sharp to me. lol (now this conversation was awhile ago, and i am a massive wimp, so it was probably not as scary as I remember it).

I don't really get to hear about that particular option alot from first hand experiences since I find everyone is on some sort of combo pill... depo and IUD's definitely seemed to be the 'red headed step children' of birth control options...

I might end up on that option at some point if I find the combo pill isn't working and I need a progestin only option.... I know they say the depo is safe to take long term now (if your one of the lucky few) but it still sounds rather dicey to me.

Last edited by heylookacastle!; 07-04-14 at 05:26 PM..