View Single Post
Old 09-18-18, 08:16 AM
ADDvanced Member

Daniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Issues with socializing

Quote:
Originally Posted by apertxre View Post
Quick note: I am not officially diagnosed with anything. I canít tell if my social struggles are caused by possible adhd, anxiety, or something else.

I feel that people tend to see me as inconsiderate or rude. I do tend to talk over people without noticing or forget to consider others feelings when responding. I also tend to take things too far whether that be joking or talking excessively or randomly. I also have problems with speech in general, especially grammar. In fact, I sort of talk like a kid and stutter or slur words sometimes. I used to have issues with speaking either too loudly or quietly, and also over sharing, but itís gotten a lil better.

Iím starting to avoid socializing because my embarrassment tolerance is so low. I ruminate about every single conversation I have and itís extremely overwhelming and uncomfortable. It makes me freak out a bit for a minute, as in I start repeating phrases or words to myself, tense my face or body, hit something (not hard or anything) or make sounds. Idk just random soothing stuff for me.
The ruminating and repeating phrases sounds like OCD, but I can't be sure since I'm not a doctor. I'd go see a psychiatrist right away. Some medication will definitely give you relief, and then additional techniques will help you get more control over yourself, your thoughts, and your life.

Remember, it's not you, it's an illness, and you shouldn't have to suffer. What I tell everyone, the brain is a part of your body just like every other part. There's not shame in seeing a doctor who specializes in that part of your body. In your case, it sounds like a psychiatrist.

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

Breathing is not optional. - Dr. Raymond Wertheim

What do you care what other people think? - Arline Feynman, to her husband, American physicist Richard P. Feynman

D.
The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel1970 For This Useful Post:
benito (09-18-18)