View Single Post
Old 04-21-19, 11:33 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,165 Times in 2,150 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation
Re: Drinking When Bored

Do you take adhd meds? I wonder if those might help you. We are more likely to become alcoholics, I think in part because of what you describe, we can't stand boredom.

Another idea is virtual reality. I have to say, it probably will sound like I'm preaching a religion almost but I started playing it a year ago and I do wonder if it can mentally calm us more.

VR is extremely high stimulus, like high adrenaline sports. Some games are actually physical sports even that give you exercise too (and some aren't but still provide extremely high stimulus). The difference between it and regular sports is that you can do it right in your own home and you don't need to drive a half hour away to meet up with people or get dressed to go out or anything. You just put the VR headset on and you are in another world. This makes it much easier for us to keep up.

The stimulus is so high, I wonder if it can counteract your restlessness for much longer than just the hours you spend playing within the headset itself.
Sponsored Links