View Single Post
Old 10-03-10, 01:48 PM
Contributor

Alex9 is just really niceAlex9 is just really niceAlex9 is just really niceAlex9 is just really nice
Re: 12 Things ADHD High Schoolers want their Teachers to Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinginchaos View Post
10) I don't like having "special accomodations." Please do not draw attention to them and help me to succeed with the least amount of attention drawn to my ADD.
This is so true. In elementary school they used to make a big deal out my adhd and they would do all sorts of stuff that didnt help, definitely drew attention to my adhd. In 5th grade, my teacher gave me these check lists everyday that had everything I needed to do and it was laminated so that I could use a dry erase maker to check stuff off as I did it. People used to ask me what it was, and that embarrassed me. And it was embarrassing as heck when the school psychologist had to take me out of classes and everyone saw her walk into the class room and me leaving with her. Thank god the middle school psychologist realized in 6th grade that I wasnt a future serial killer and I didnt need to see him.

On the flip side, I still need extra time on tests, but thats my only "accommodation". I dont even have an iep anymore, just a "classroom accommodation list" with 2 things on it haha