View Single Post
Old 11-07-10, 03:27 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

itsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud of
Re: 12 Things ADHD High Schoolers want their Teachers to Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperChick17 View Post
Alot of my friends and teachers think that "ADHD doesn't effect school / homework" and "ADHD is only an excuse so you don't have to do something"

How can I get them to understand?

Everytime you don't hear the teacher say something, blatanly say "i wasn't paying attention, I was zoned out, what are we supposed to do?"

if you don't hear them after they explain it again, ask again.

keep asking till you understand fully, not 99.9%, fully.

if they just walk away or some other rude thing, just don't do it, or do what you know. when they ask, say it's not my fault, you walked away without explaining it.

teachers HATE repeating themselves, they already have to do it 5 times a day. asking and asking again will only get them aggravated, it will bring them to a point of realization that "hey, maybe this one chick does have adhd, she can NEVER focus, yet others do. maybe it IS a real disease."