View Single Post
Old 03-30-11, 03:00 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,243 Times in 699 Posts
Offle is a name known to allOffle is a name known to allOffle is a name known to allOffle is a name known to allOffle is a name known to allOffle is a name known to allOffle is a name known to all
Re: Why doesn't adderall keep working for me?

It could be because you aren't getting the Adderall euphoria after the first couple of days so it feels less effective. For a lot of people, the first time they take adderall it can feel like they've reached enlightenment/become superman. But that effect goes away after the first few times and it can make you feel like the adderall is less effective even though it's not.

It's like Gimmeabreak said, adderall won't make you superman, it will make you more like everyone else. You'll be able to focus better, you'll be a bit more motivated, and all that jazz, but you still have to have some will power to get things done.

Adderall can feel amazing the first time, but don't expect every time to feel as amazing and don't try to make it. Chasing that euphoria is dangerous.

"For my part I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of the stars makes me dream."
-- Vincent Van Gogh
The Following User Says Thank You to Offle For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (03-31-11)