View Single Post
Old 06-03-12, 10:09 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,438 Times in 3,291 Posts
Dizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Memory Training Unlikely to Help in Treating ADHD

G,

A route I have taken several times on new subjects is the dummies series. They have been a lot of help in getting started in a subject. The primary reason is that so many articles and such assume a basic knowledge of terms and concepts. Starting with these kinds of books can give you a big leg up on learning the subject and it has proven so for me.

They have one called Neuroscience for Dummies.

It might prove helpful. You can get it from several sources including Amazon. It seems to be reasonably priced and you might be able to get it from the library on an interlibary loan.

Also, I had the best success looking at the term neuroscience on the web. I found a number of interesting hits using different forms of this term.

Here are a number of free courses on the subject. Once you get the terminology down and become familiar with the basics of the subject, you should be able to handle a good number of these but you have to have the basic background first or at least this is what I have found for myself.
http://diplomaguide.com/articles/Fre...versities.html

Keep plugging, you will get there.

Dizfriz
The Following User Says Thank You to Dizfriz For This Useful Post:
Amtram (06-03-12)