View Single Post
Old 10-28-16, 07:03 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 12,604 Times in 5,589 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I think that I'm undateable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd_ View Post
Please tell me it's not always going to be this way.
I’m not going to tell you, or promise you, anything I can’t guarantee will be so.

That said, I will say (just) two things:
  1. There are all sorts of people out there in the world, and a number of them might be a good match for you. That doesn’t mean any one of them would be like a woman you are imagining either. From my own experience, I never would have imagined, much less dreamed of, my sweetie.
  2. As with most things in life, attitude means a lot, and in this case, it means everything. That doesn’t mean you have to be someone you are not, but if you have a lack of self-esteem, a sense of “poor me,” an inability to see worth in yourself and the rest of the world, especially the people in it, any degree of non-self-acceptance accompanied by self-loathing...if on a fundamental level you do not love yourself wholly, well and true, without condition...you will narrow your chances until the only people who match you will be those who are not good for your well-being and happiness.
So keep your worldview, it means a lot to you, and in time, it may mean a lot to someone else. But know this: loving yourself, and the confidence that comes out of that...that’s a non-negotiable. You have to have it. And that’s true whether you have a partner or not. But if you do have it, she’ll see that...and that *is* something I can promise you.

And don’t forget to shine your shoes.

Well Wishes,
Ian
Bluechoo (11-04-16), dvdnvwls (10-28-16), Little Missy (10-28-16), Lloyd_ (10-29-16), namazu (11-04-16), stef (10-28-16)