View Single Post
Old 02-04-19, 01:10 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,496 Times in 10,848 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Feel i'm not creative as others of my level of intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveddd View Post
I never used the word primarily . in the majority of people who meet the criteria for adhd it seems to be very much affected
It varies quite a bit. Emotional self-regulation is only one of many areas of self-regulation / executive function affected by ADHD, so I wouldn't call it an "emotional disorder".

A lot of people with ADHD also have comorbid mood or anxiety or other disorders, and that may color people's perceptions of the emotional dysregulation that can accompany ADHD (and add to the difficulty in distinguishing what's part of ADHD vs what may be attributable to another diagnosis, to the extent they're separable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveddd
and really I just said science proves otherwise because it seems here most view are only only backed by opinion and stated like facts
And yet you just made an unsupported assertion about what "science proves" and stated it as though it were fact...

Here's some published research, which -- again! -- does not appear to prove that people with ADHD are more creative than others, but rather gives mixed results, depending on how creativity is defined and measured, how ADHD is defined and measured, and which groups are used for comparison.