View Single Post
Old 09-09-17, 01:04 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

TheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to behold
Re: Achieving goals help

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdme View Post
First, as a individual with ADD or ADHD you must admit to your self out loud that you have issues with self-discipline and or discipline in its entirety. Once you affirm this fact your informing your unconscious mind of this discipline gap. Now you have to understand that over the course of your day you will make 100's of decisions conciously and unconsiously. Now you must make your self aware of each decision even the decision of having to go to the bathroom, get a drink to water, watch television etc. Once you become aware that your making a decision literally every minute of your day you now need to understand how each decision can change the course of your entire day for example like not wanting to get out of bed which would ensure your not productive for the day. Once you affirm the fact you have issues with discipline and now your concious of this and your decisions self accountability will become natural. Once it is natural you will be able to close the gaps in other areas of your life. I did not cover external distractions such as family, friends and work. But, in short you need to learn to say No. If your friends are distracting you shut them down and go your own course. Become the leader pave your own way. One exercise you can practice in real time is when your in a group and if anyone says, "What do you want todo" be the person who leads with idea's. This will help with discipline and confidence. This makes you a stronger person. I know I have digressed but this is very good advice that has helped me that I have either read from books or through personal self development and experience.

Best,
ADHDME
I was talking to ADHDME and he gave me this advice, hopefully that helps, what you think?