View Single Post
Old 03-30-18, 11:50 PM

PoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud of
Re: Is Vyvanse duration a huge lie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nut View Post
My understanding is the reaction of interest occurs in your bloodstream and it does not ALL happen at the SAME time.
Yes, this is correct. Vyvanse is metabolized in the bloodstream and not the liver. I've been taking Vyvanse now for almost 8 months and I read quite a bit of material about it when I first started. As I've posted before in another thread:

According to David W. Goodman, "Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate (Vyvanse), A Prodrug Stimulant for Attention-Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder," Pharmacy & Therapeutics 35 (5) (May 2010):

Quote:
LDX [i.e. lisdexamphetamine] is rapidly absorbed in the intestine. Conversion of LDX to the active metabolite d-amphetamine occurs primarily in the blood through enzymatic cleavage after active absorption of LDX from the GI lumen.
I've also read another article by Michael Pennick, "Absorption of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate and its enzymatic conversion to d-amphetamine," Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment (3 June 2010) which also says that lisdexamphetamine is absorbed intact into the bloodstream and then metabolized there in red blood cells with the amino acid lysine being cleaved off of the dextroamphetamine by enzymes.
Bart Simpson (to the tune of “I'm Popeye the Sailor Man”): “When I can’t stop my fiddlin’, I just takes me Ritalin, I’m poppin’ and sailin’, man!” (“Brother’s Little Helper,” Season 11, episode 2, aired 10/3/99)