View Single Post
Old 11-14-04, 11:04 AM

My Life ADDs Up will become famous soon enough
Talking

Kevin,
Today will be 1 week of taking over 100mg. My week was mixed, but the Strattera was clearly at work. The problem was a combined lack of sleep and odd side effects like tingling. Also the Strattera itself makes me tired. I don't notice actually being tired so much as excessive, almost involuntary, yawning.

I have read others posts where they have had trouble with anxiety, mood, and motivation while on Strattera. I am watching for these things, but I tend to be a little paranoid anyway due to self-confidence issues that stem from emonional and mental abuse as a child plus the results of un-diagnosed ADD.

I suspect the loss of motivation is probably more the result of not being as hyper or impulsive. I am not experiencing a clear loss of motivation at this time, but I have found myself sitting in front of the TV longer, etc. I think it's a good thing that I can actually shut down at times now. I don't think the motivation issues are so much the result of Strattera as they are made more obvious by Strattera. Before a person who would have procrastinated on boring but necessary things might not have noticed just how often they did it because they were always pre-occupied by impulses that distracted them.

That's my current opinion/theory at least.

James