View Single Post
Old 07-10-13, 10:55 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,014 Times in 632 Posts
janiew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud of
Re: A few blurbs I found regarding Hyperfocus

I see perseveration in several aspects of my world. It's invaluable in the work I do, which is highly detail oriented and constantly changing. When you use it at work, it can be exhausting - at least for me. My clients see the work I do and are amazed but that's why they pay me to do it, rather than do it themselves. My work is detailed and it's also conceptual - finding the weakness, figuring how to fix it, and keeping up with regulatory changes and implementing them.

In areas other than work, perseveration can be stimulating. It's even stimulating at work on some levels.

The problem perseveration causes for me is task-shifting. Stopping what I'm doing and moving on to the next thing. I see this in my private life as well. My husband has mentioned my problems with it and I am trying to experience my transitions more smoothly. That is, take into account how it affects others. This is something I never noticed before about myself until he pointed it out. Before, it was an irritation or frustration.
ADD me (07-11-13)