View Single Post
Old 10-24-13, 12:06 PM
Jr Member

Maureen410 is on a distinguished road
Re: A few blurbs I found regarding Hyperfocus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvrrd View Post
and every coupla months I'd go through those coupons and get rid of the expired ones. most of the time I left them in my purse, totally forgotten.

Yep, my hyper focus as well, N. I'd read a book straight until it was done. In class, on the bus, on the toilet...
and marathon puzzles. I'm lucky that I found work that took advantage of it.
Prioritizing IS a real problem, my problem. I don't wanna and you can't make me.
I am curious about what kind of work you found?

I am in panic-mode about getting a job after 8+ yrs at home with kids. I used to be a Staff Accountant. The General Ledger work & reconciliations could provide interesting meat for me to sink my hyper-focus teeth into BUT the filing & envelope stuffing were boring & too prevalent. Plus, the data entry. Oh, the data entry! I always needed my notes to be perfectly consistent. A difficult goal that required so much thinking & planning & TIME! That created constant & intense anxiety while I felt the clock ticking in my head. The checks needed to get printed - or people would soon be lined up at my office door!!!

Anyone else know of work that allows you to indulge in hyper-focus highs (love this analogy some of you put out there) without too much guilt or consequence?