Thread: self medicating
View Single Post
Old 05-27-18, 02:34 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 16,095 Times in 7,986 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: self medicating

You know...for as long as I've been here, you'd think I knew what the forum rules were when it comes to talking about drug use on the open forums. I'm too lazy to go look >.<'.

I too did cocaine in my early/mid 20's. And pot. Though I liked the cocaine...pot made me VERY paranoid. I had all the symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia on it. I'm glad...it helped me get out of that life style.

Now I've been hanging out with an older lady quite a bit lately...her and I are making quick friends! But she's been smoking pot on a daily basis for what she claims is about 48 years. She's also a part of a group I'm in, and she's been very open and honest about the fact.
And she smokes all day long. She carries her pipe with her everywhere. She doesn't do so in front of me...even though I told her she could do so if she wanted (as long as she doesn't ask me to do it with her).

I don't consider her a druggy or an abuser. Even though...yeah...she is using an illegal (in my state) drug.
But I don't think she's doing it for the high anymore at this point. I do think she's addicted (she admits to knowing as well)...but she's had a hell of a life and until recently had never been treated for mental health reasons. I think she's used pot for most these years to self-medicate. And now I think it's more of a habit then anything for her...but still, I think it's self medicating still to this day.
She didn't have treatments or medications to help her through the horrors she's been through. And she's been through hell. Many times. She had very few things to lean on...and she found that pot calmed her...and so she used that. One of the few things she knew helped even just a small amount.

I can be pretty judgmental towards those who abuse drugs. I can be a real snob sometimes. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

But I don't judge her or a lot of people that turn to pot as adults for a little extra help.

Sorry for the long post man.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
daveddd (05-27-18)