View Single Post
Old 08-10-08, 01:02 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,415 Times in 6,122 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute
If it doesn't fit in the box - make it {geez}

Just call me the hyperactive anal retentive that crashed the SCT party -

Some interesting presentations and subsequent wtf moments

Quote:
Any intellectual task that requires sustained effort tends to be troublesome.

I'm a great writer and a lousy speaker.
Umm pardon me if I am mistaken - does not writing require more of a sustained attention than speaking even for the non-dyslexic. If we are talking sluggish motor movement and inability to engage in in activities that require energy is seems like both activities would be effected with writing being more of a drain.

shynessand introversion are not one in the same thing. The behaviors may outwardly present simular however the reason for the expressed behaviors would be drastically different even according to dictionary dot com. Some one who is shy doesn't have to be an introvert.

Quote:
Cleaning up my diet and exercising more have helped. Petrochemicals are Bad and that's what artificial colors, flavors and many preservatives are. The Lancet has more about that and they used unrealistically low doses in their study
The Lancet doesn't back up STC at all - read the opening title of your link to the Lancet

here it is again

{quote}Food additives and hyperactive behaviour in 3-year-old and 8/9-year-old children in the community: a randomised, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial{End Quote}

Sorry but I read this study more than once during a debate with the feingold lady a couple of months back. . . they weren't looking at sluggish any thing they are looking at hyperactivity/implusivity even irritability which is another kind of ADD all together apparently - your second hyperlink deal with allergy type symptoms again not saying any thing about sluggish any thing

How many of those in this discussion have been evaluated for auditory processing problems, sensory issues or learning disorders all of which like to keep our ADD company just to make life umm interesting

Being distracted by your internal thoughts - not being able to filter them out to attend a necessary activity by simply willing your self to do so is indicative of ADD - your damn filtering value snapped shut and now your brain can't escape it's own mind - and ????? wouldn't this be a selective attention problem - a kin to the one I have except my stimuli value gets stuck in the open position and my brain gets bombarded by every thing constantly. . . . .

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to meadd823 For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (09-03-08)