View Single Post
Old 03-27-09, 01:03 PM

Technojunkie will become famous soon enough
Re: Sluggish Cognitive Tempo (SCT) (Strattera)

Interesting. No generic in America so it must be expensive and the potential side effects are worrying. I've been getting by with 10mg Adderall once per day lately so I think I'll stick with that for now. We'll see if vision therapy does anything. Given my late presentation I suspect that it will. It sounds like I'll be on some kind of meds no matter what though?

Another thing: my mathematical ability wasn't nearly as impaired as general reading. Perhaps because math has far fewer symbols to read? I do most computation in my head, to the annoyance of teachers who wanted me to show my work. Standardized tests, with their short questions, work very well for me while real work wears me down.
GET TESTED FOR HEAVY METALS! Read Andrew Cutler and this Mercury Detox site devoted to Cutler's protocol. Mercury fillings are the common but far from only source. Mercury is one cause of Convergence Insufficiency, treated with vision therapy, presents similar to ADHD-PI, will come back if you don't chelate mercury. Mercury can also screw up your adrenals which, again, looks a lot like ADD. Eat Paleo! Petrochemical food additives aggravate ADHD!