View Single Post
Old 04-16-08, 11:18 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,276 Times in 975 Posts
Mary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to behold
Re: 3 yr old grandson on Focalin XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyerd View Post
He was trying to pull his hair out and had a rash on the Focalin, the Dr said the rash was OK, but when he started to pull his hair his grandfather and I said that was it.
Doctor is nuts.. in my opinion. A rash is NOT ok... because it can spread and can also shut down airways if it gets serious. The hair pulling is because the itch is so deep down they're trying to literally pull it out of their skin.

I would ask the pharmacist if it's ok to give benedryl in case he starts getting rash on the new med. It's something I keep on hand at all times anyways.

Actually ... all parents should, unless they child is proven allergic to it, because you never know when a bee will sting, or anything else that could send them into anaphelactic (sp?) shock.

Remember, we here at ADDForums can only do so much. It's up to us as individuals to make the right choices, to seek professional help outside the forums.