View Single Post
Old 11-06-09, 05:07 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,933 Times in 7,991 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to Communicate with Someone Who Has ADD and Doesn't Know It

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut View Post
Endless tangents, interruptions, sudden changes in the subject of conversation, sharing inappropriate details about others, and roundabout answers, with life-spans that rival most stage monologues, are what almost every conversation I have ever had with her has been comprised of.
You've just described my mother. I tell her what ADD is, explain things but generally it's just in one ear and out the other. The other night I helped her with her paperwork and she was all over the map taking hours longer than it needed to. It is difficult to be patient but I don't see an alternative. My mom is now medicated and it does make a difference, she's very pleased with not having so much fog to deal with.

The communication tho.. no change. It's nice of you to care, but she'd have to do it herself. You can only give her information and it's all up to her.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (11-06-09), Michiko74 (11-09-09)