View Single Post
Old 04-25-18, 08:56 AM
Contributor

Funky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to all
Re: Adult ADHD and Sensory Gating disorder

I've always described it as being overly distracted by background noise. It's not that I can't hear certain things, but when there is enough background clutter (or the right kind of noise) it drives me absolutely bonkers and I lose all ability to maintain any sort of focus. Rooms filled with people talking loudly, outside noise when I'm inside trying to do homework or tbe equivalent, and while I don't have any actual issues with any of them, the sound of the neighborhood kids playing outside is like nails on a gigantic chalkboard most times. Never would have thought to associate any of this with my ADD, until now that is. Curiouser and curiouser...

Honestly, the more I learn lately, the more I'm certain I'm on the spectrum somewhere. Talk about blowing my mind, finding out at 40 that I may have grown up mildly autistic without knowing? Crazy...
Lunacie (04-25-18)