View Single Post
Old 12-16-15, 09:49 PM

thething313 is on a distinguished road
Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorHeady View Post
I wanted to post here, just in case people are still searching for info on this. I was recently prescribed adderall. I had tried a few from a friend and found a WORLD of difference, saw a psych, scored super high on ADD (go figure) so my doc prescribed me 10mg addderall, SUPER. Well the pharmacy gave me 10mg SANDOZ manufacturer... well omg they were NOTHING like what I tried from my friend, no focus, tons of anxiety about doing work, and felt very speedy. This was a different drug. I only took 3 from my friend and this was completely different... so I did some research, found out different manufacturers have way different effects on different people. I called my friend who gave me his to try, come to find out his manufacturer was BARR. So I called the pharmacy he got his from, (Walgreens here locally) and they confirmed they carry BARR. So I returned my bottle of Sandoz back to my doc, and he wrote out a new script so I could go get the BARR produced 10mg pills... took one a few hours ago, and it is NIGHT AND DAY how different they are, no anxiety, pure focus.... Want to work fast and hard... it's amazing the differences you get from different generics. Barr is the way to go if you can find it.
Very comprehensive writeup, thank you! It's a bit strange that some are reporting dissatisfaction with Sandoz generic lately. Sandoz always seemed to be the gold standard of generically manufactured adderall.....To update my last post, I would like to say that my doctor and I decided to make the switch back to adderall. My script was filled with the teva/barr brand generic IR. Teva/Barr used to be my manufacturer of choice, and its safe to say that nothing has changed. So far so good!