View Single Post
Old 08-26-16, 05:32 PM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,347 Times in 708 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all
Re: 19 yr old son playing computer games and not working

If he's good at gaming and has lots of social media connections online relating to gaming, he could even turn that into a career by starting a youtube channel where he could post videos of him playing with friends. It may take months or even a year to know for sure though, so it would be better to have a real job just in case that doesn't work out.

Just some ideas, you don't have to keep your kid completely away from the internet. However, if he's not being very social even on the internet, then all that internet time is being wasted for nothing. Nobody can get far in life in isolation. We're social beings. While you may not be able to keep your son away from gaming and the computer, at least try to make sure he's at least being social online. At the same time, make sure to remind him the limits of sharing your life with people online (like obviously don't be telling people where you live).

Edit: oooh you're in your 60s huh? I didn't read the whole post, I figured you were younger... yeah, that's a tough boat to be in. Well, it could be worse... not that that would make you feel any better. Just saying. At least he's not out there getting in trouble in the streets.
Fuzzy12 (10-10-16)